Prior to being nominated, I quite honestly hadn’t heard of the Sunshine Blogger Award. It was a pleasant surprise, but as someone relatively new to blogging, there’s still a lot I’m learning about this community.
It’s an award where all of the nominees are peer-nominated for promoting positivity, creativity, and friendship in the blogging world. I’d like to thank Bell from bellandberries, a lifestyle blog with a beautiful Instagram and constant uplifting messages, for the nomination.
Here’s how the award works:
- First, you thank your nominator. (Duh.)
- Answer the 11 questions Bell (or the nominating blogger) gave me and then make 11 more for my 11 nominees to answer.
- List my 11 nominees.
- And list the rules for the nominees to follow and put the award’s logo somewhere on your post.
Pretty simple, right? Now onto the questions.
1. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you were a child?
When I was a kid I wanted to be a million things at any given moment. It ranged from princess to singer to teacher to author… the list goes on. But the first thing I remember concretely wanting to be is an author/writer, probably due to the countless number of books I always had my nose in.
2. What would you do if you didn’t blog?
Blogging isn’t a full time thing for me currently, so this is a little difficult to answer. I am a full time student in college right now so that alone comes with a packed schedule. If I didn’t blog I would probably fill that time with reading or watching more Netflix (lol).
3. What is one thing you like that others are indifferent about?
I’m sure there are plenty of other people out there who feel this way, but in my life I’m one of the few people who is really into nature. I’m not necessarily the person who is always hiking or going to parks, but I’m more so just really appreciative of and wowed by nature in my every day life, like a pink sky at sunset or the sun shining through the trees on my street in just the right way.
4. How do you come up with ideas for your blog posts?
I wish I had a method or strategy, but really I just have an ongoing list in my phone. Whenever I get struck with inspiration for a post I write down the general idea so later I can go back and do a whole post on it. So I guess most of my inspiration comes from things I’m seeing or experiencing in my day-to-day life.
5. What is the last blog post you read?
The last post I read was on The Everygirl (I Left My Life Behind to Travel – Here’s the Most Important Thing I’ve Learned). I’m a sucker for stories like this because traveling the world is something I’ve always wanted to do.
6. What inspires you in life?
This is a long list, but I’ll try to narrow it down. I think my biggest inspiration in life is my friends. They’re all so motivated and accomplished, and are all such beautiful souls it’s hard not to be inspired by them regularly. I’m also really inspired by my grandmother. Her life was pretty much shaped by people who aren’t her, and it breaks my heart when she talks about it. Coming from a time when it didn’t really matter what women wanted, she has always taught me to never let anyone tell me what I can or can’t do. Despite all of the resentment I know she feels, she always says that she would never change a thing because she wouldn’t have her grandchildren then (she makes it known we’re her favorite part of life). I’m also really inspired by J.K. Rowling. I’m not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I find it incredible how one women’s words can touch so many and create such a community out of complete strangers.
7. Do you have a favorite book? (any type).
I really love You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. It was one of those books that gave me a huge wake up call when I didn’t really know I needed it. I’m also a huge fan of Looking for Alaska by John Green (I even have a signed copy, which is my 3rd copy of the book).
8. What’s your spirit animal?
Honestly, I’ve never given this one much thought. I’ve taken some of those online quizzes (who can resist) and a lot of times I get animals that live in the water like a turtle. I love turtles so I’m not complaining.
9. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Well, I’m still a new blogger myself so take this with a grain of salt I suppose. My advice would be to write about what matters to you. Don’t try and make posts based off of what you think will get the most views, make posts about what you’re passionate about and that passion will show through and draw readers in.
10. What’s your dream vacation?
Definitely taking as much time as needed to travel across Europe. I literally want to see everywhere and I’m fascinated by the cultures and histories and art. Maybe some day.
11. What’s one thing you would change in your life?
I wish I could change the fact that I have anxiety. It’s manageable and functional, but it definitely gets in the way quite often. I’ve gotten a lot better about overcoming it, but being in college where you basically have to be outgoing to get anywhere makes it difficult for me to put myself out there.
Here are my nominees:
- Dani Dearest
- Alexandra in Bloom
- Morgan N Reber
- Chelsea’s Day
- Sydney Misirian
- Palmettos & Pineapples
- Yours Truly Erin
- His Laughing Daughter
- With Love, Keely
- Life by La’Ree
- Mainly Mackenzie
Questions for nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your biggest role model?
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- If you could design the perfect day, what would it look like?
- What’s your biggest challenge?
- What’s an experience that changed the way you view the world?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the last book you read?
- What motto do you live by?
- What is your favorite season?
Thanks for reading, this was fun 🙂